Welsh Consulting, located in Boston, MA, is an IT consulting firm providing IT strategy, support and project-related services to small and growing businesses in the greater Boston area. We provide our employees with a rich array of resources and experiences to expand their technical knowledge and encourage professional growth. At Welsh Consulting we value, encourage and reward initiative, teamwork and the desire to learn.
Compensation is commensurate with skills and experience. Our benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, long term disability, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid holiday, vacation, paid sick time and T pass stipend.
At Welsh, the role of a Technical Consultant is to provide remote and onsite support to our growing client base. This role encompasses many different facets of the services we provide. Overall, it is our intention to provide efficient support and maintain our clients’ infrastructure with minimal downtime. The candidate to fill this position will be challenged on a daily basis working in an energetic, fast paced, collaborative, demanding and results-oriented work environment.
We are looking for a candidate that interacts and develops rapport with client personnel, coordinates with client’s other technology providers, participates in technical meetings, R&D efforts and project planning. The ideal candidate will come equipped with strong troubleshooting abilities aided by the ability to think critically in all types of situations. Fundamentals and basic job tasks will include standard network administration, resolving end user issues while onsite, maintenance of computers, servers, switches, firewalls and other related peripherals, antivirus and Windows Updates, reviewing daily backups and participating in the emergency phone rotation.
Apply to this Job:
- Two years or more working experience in an IT role (Senior Help Desk, Network Admin, etc.)
• Familiarity with TCP/IP networking concepts such as IP addressing, sub netting, switching and routing
• Experience implementing and maintaining LANs, WLANs and WANs in a business environment
• Experience working with Exchange Server and SQL Server
• Experience working with the following network protocols – TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc.
• Experience working with Windows OS and Windows Server platforms
• Experience working with virtualization and shared storage solutions
• Experience providing support for handheld devices including, Windows Mobile, Apple and Android
• College or Technical degree
- Ability to represent Welsh Consulting in a professional manner
- Strong troubleshooting abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Excellent organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle
• Experience working with backup software, firewalls, routers, switches, etc.
• Strong project management/task management skills
• Microsoft and Cisco certifications